What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Knife-Making & Collecting
Erud

#1 What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby Erud » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:59 am

I've gone through a bunch, trying to find the right one. I had a ZT 0350 for a few years that I really liked a lot. I had to do some emergency impromptu trailer wiring repair on the side of the freeway last summer, and I inadvertently left it on the tailgate after I was done. :banghead: Wanting to make sure I got it right, I spent weeks researching before I decided on a replacement. I ended up going with the Emerson Sheepdog. After having it now for 6 months or so, I think I can say that this is the finest knife I have ever owned. The chisel grind that Emerson uses is great compromise between sharpness and edge retention. The liner lock took some time to smooth out to get rid of the "stickiness" that new Emerson's are known for, but it is like butter now. It is the first Flipper that Emerson has made, and it is excellent. With the Wave feature, it is faster to deploy from a pocket than even an auto. If I end up losing this one, I will replace it with another just like it.

Oh, and of course I have had a Victorinox Tinker in my front left pocket everyday since I was 15 or so...

Jack
Administrator

#2 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby Jack » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 pm

I gave myself one of these for Christmas. It's like the Glock of knives. Very adequate, affordable, and relatively user friendly.

DDriller
Forum Moderator

#3 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby DDriller » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 pm

I've carried a Benchmade mini griptillian for the last 10 years.
Don'y worry about getting older.............You're still gonna do dumb stuff, only slower.

Erud

#4 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby Erud » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:43 pm

I've never seen that particular CRKT before, looks like a solid choice.

And of course you can never go wrong with a Benchmade!

Mac

#5 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby Mac » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:42 pm

I keep a Puma 4 1/4" lockblade (circa 1980-ish) in one of my shoulder holster mag pouches. I filed the tang that holds it closed to make it easy-open when I first got it (as I do most folding knives).

Otherwise, I have a no-name (lol, other than "Stainless Pakistan") 3 1/8" lockblade with a brass frame and wood (teak perhaps?) riveted insets from approx the same era. No big deal if it gets lost or abused, though it is a fairly well made knife.
:beer:
» Many thanks to our Armed Forces and LEOs for your service.
»
Posts often say more about the poster than the topic...

BadgeBunny
Forum Moderator

#6 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby BadgeBunny » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:20 pm

Jack wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viZ_xH73eKE

I gave myself one of these for Christmas. It's like the Glock of knives. Very adequate, affordable, and relatively user friendly.

I kinda like that ...

Fyrtwuck
Armed Forces

#7 Re: What sort of blade does everyone carry?

Postby Fyrtwuck » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 am

Benchmade 9555.

Return to “Edged Weapons”